Hotel CRS stands for hotel central reservation system. In a time, when OTA sales are hitting the new records and most of the travel companies are using online travel software, hotel CRS has also gained equal weight. Hotel CRS is used for consolidated hotel & motels data for a particular region. The main advantage is the unique inventory, which is not commonly available and the pricing. CRS or central reservation system is a computerized system that revolves around storage and distribution of information concerning resorts, hotels and host of lodging facilities.
Get a Project Quote – http://www.provab.com/get_quote.html
Hotel CRS as a tool is used to reach the global distribution system or GDS along with internet distribution system from a single point system. Hotel managers use this tool to manage their online sales and marketing avenues. They also project their rates and availabilities which are easily viewable by the sales channel i.e. the online travel agencies team aligned with CRS.
Some of the primary functions in Hotel CRS as below
- Fully flexible and scalable for growing business.
- Platform which is easier to use.
- Manageability of rates, availability and content or information from single point of entry.
- Connectivity of hotels to GDS, online travel agents as well as mobile booking engines.
- Multiple distribution channels emphasized with channel manager usage.
Now lets understand, what information is stored in Hotel CRS. Information includes room types, room rates, conditions, inventories, plan rate architecture, reservation information, graphical information in the form of video, pictures and detailed hotel information like address, phone and fax numbers and geographical code information.
Hotel CRS reporting module is very important and calls for a number of standard reports. System reports are those reports which can be run daily, weekly, monthly or yearly and sometimes on need based request. Some of the basic reports include for expected arrivals, reservation, property forecasting, property details, agent activity and daily booking activity summary.
So CRS can be conceptualized as backend office system of a booking engine which enables administration of rates and availabilities with ease and comfort. It also involves the management of statistical evolution of all incoming reservations.
In a nutshell, with the presence of Hotel CRS, travelers can search for more hotels and book them in a more efficient manner, as it works like a hotel’s central reservation system.
Here are few ways CRS benefits a company and travelers
- While travelers reserve their requirements over the hotel spread, convenience and efficiency comes into picture.
- Travel policy compliance increases as travelers use company-preferred booking or reservation channels
- From company’s viewpoint, as hotel booking data which is very vital is captured, this data is used for performance measurements and sometimes supplier negotiations.
- Traveler satisfaction is boosted as the tool is more user-friendly.
Author is a travel technology expert and has been involved in several travel portal development projects.